Monday, November 12, 2012

I'll be a better friend


I'm currently looking out for a friend who forgot to look out for me. Because when I promise someone a life-time, I really mean a life-time even if they don't.


The winds when blow;
only stir the heaviest fruit,
Seldom mean destruction:
only bring a present for you.
Dissipating sweet scents of a garden,
celebrating bearings new.
Overhead there's an iridescent bow
Of promises!
Right ahead the songbirds;
whistling morning tunes!
Jubiliation teaches me to run free;
frenzied sort of coloring.
Losing form but not rhythm;
Like life has moved too;
In a kaleidoscope of colour.
A swarm of crepe butterflies flutter;
Round and round me; drown me.
I'm preying like a curious child
Crayons on paper; happily colouring.
I'm running breathless now:
In search of chestnut hideaways!
Count each secret surprise.
Like it was left for me to find!
Peacocks gather and wrap me;
a craddling bouquet;
of a thousand blue-green eyes!
Tiny stars of Bougainvillea, enveloped;
in bright pink papery bracts.
Engulf me along in their fuchsia swirls!
Intruding on a leafhopper's sprint,
As it skips blade after blade.
Candy-stripped in the slanting sun!
And when it sets;
Adorning the sky with my blush.
I'll search a berry-laden bush,
And pluck sweet velvet fruits.
But when life's being so generous
And when Persephone bestows;
Such contentment to me,
All your sins will be absolved!
I won't do what you do.
I'll be a better friend than you!








No comments:

Post a Comment