Monday, November 12, 2012

To Memory


8th August'12 Wednesday
Symbolism, gotta love it!
Let me know what you think about it, feel free to review it and leave lots of criticism so I can improve on it.



I
The just winds fight not against the Dove;
But find the mighty Ship to wreck--
Question not the crushing tides or their tyrant souls!
Came alone for the spirit afloat in blissful stasis:
Favouring men that dare not walk across the oceans otherwise.
O how the Bride of the Sea has anchored hopes!
To men, which plummet hope down the heart of the sea:
Into earth who's faith hath bade them good riddance 4 seasons ago.
"Prithee sailors, only care for thine own hearts & thine own lives"
Rest all concerns; for care should only last a while:
Perhaps only till the salt linger on your tongues?
& love too, should be circumstantial unlike these sails
That battle recklessly with the Wind to save your lives.
Dont stain yourselves with the crimes of the Blameworthy
O guilt-less sailors, I was flawed before this storm we met
I can only be thankful that you forgive and forget.

II
Like sugar; sweet with no permanent impression
I failed at last and disintegrated on your touch
Sifted through your finger tips, like intoxication,
Like wine that never runs out or sand grains:
Falling through the hour glass; rolling hill after hill
Say I lasted one second too long
Sifted through your finger tips, then love,
Like a thaw of bygone snow as you watched
And I watch too as I watched the dusting of snowy hue
As you forget me and I forget you too.

III
And indeed, hope breaks in a single breath;
No harsh winds are needed to make the sailors forget-
The exchange of those essentially mortal promises
Of love that lasts in the eyes of Fear
So nostalgia invades as cynic and ice cold tendrils of blue do
My flooded boards; the floor creaks beneath implicit pain
As I wait, parching my heart under the drought of woe:
Now that you have forgotten and I still cant let go.
Silence echoes where your candied laughter once reeled,
Now my land livens on curling black tresses of lonely weed.









No comments:

Post a Comment